Dec 26, 2013

Declutter 2013 stuffs to prepare for a new year

Only 5 days left in '13 to welcome a new 365 days in '14. Today, I re-scan myself and my possessions (physical, mental) to better prepare for a new challenging year with bold goals (in latter posts). 
Items I've done up to today: 
  • Limit social networking activities through choosing only one tool (Facebook), already remove Wordpress, Tumblr, Quora...
  • Unfriend nearly 200 friends (not because I don't like them but because I think it's better for them and for me not to be distracted by each others). Now I have 88 friends whom I want to hear from them, I want them to hear from me, and they have been/are an important part of my life. Thank you. And for the one that I un-friended, I wish you luck and happiness in your life. Unlikes pages, apps that useless for me and my time
  • For RSS, unsubscribed most of my favorite lists, keeping around 10 subscriptions of bloggers, websites that I'm currently interest in. (revise them often) 
  • Linkedin, unsubscribed almost all likes, pages, companies, influencers, unrelated contacts, keep a quality list. 
  • Supervise my life habits in quality, and always try to escape the quantity trap. 
Remind myself on what I've been doing and will continue doing them:
  • Meditate at least 1 time/day starting from 3 min. 
  • Learn Korean language
  • Read more books
  • Learn/ Practice guitar, start to learn piano (w. learning musical theory)
  • Exercise every morning in the gym 
  • Eat healthier, in mindfulness and carefully selection. 
  • Limit shopping to necessary items 
  • Work productively by always considering efficacy
  • Mindfulness working and learning anything 
  • Limit time on checking emails, RSS (feedly), blogs, news.... (must be more discipline)
  • Start to apply invest time then spend time in any actions 
  • Play/Learn/Teach my children in a most mindful way 
  • Learn to love, to take care of my wife and my loved ones
  • Mindful thinking on how to make things simpler in every situations. 
Not only a meaningful year is welcoming me, but every months, each 4 weeks and a month, each 7 days in a week, each 24 hours in a day, each 60 min in a hour, each 60 seconds in a minute are welcoming me. I must invest them in a most meaningful and efficacy ways.